BA (hons) degree in Security Consultancy
This unique course is designed to meet the needs of students who have not been able, until now, to access a single degree-level qualification in security consultancy, and aspire to become qualified security consultants. You are likely to work in a key role where you have responsibilities for ensuring that security protection is incorporated into operations and organisational functions. Alternatively, you could have experience and skills in security consultancy or management as a generalist or specialist. The main educational aims of the programme are for students to develop a high level of academic knowledge aimed at achieving a high capability in and knowledge of security consultancy skills.
On successful completion of the programme you will be able to:
• Identify and discuss and critically evaluate a wide range of security issues;
• Demonstrate critical consideration of the key concepts and theories related to the development, management and marketing of security consultancy businesses;
• Critically evaluate ability in the application of theory to practice in the strategic management of security within organisations;
• Review, consolidate, synthesise and extend a coherent body of knowledge in order to execute a sustained piece of independent work using appropriate media;
• Synthesise and evaluate information from a wide variety of sources relating to security and business issues;
• Evaluate arguments, assumptions, abstract concepts and data to make informed judgments;
• Research and assess theories, principles, concepts and factual information and apply such skills in explaining and solving problems;
• Show assured, accurate and fluent use of language in presenting information;
• Take full responsibility for managing personal and professional development;
• Self-appraise and reflect on own learning and performance.