Apply for a place on the African Leadership in ICT Course 2014!
An academically accredited course that is building leadership for Knowledge Society Development in Africa
- No course fees required!
- This course is for public sector employees/civil servants only.
Application Deadline: March 10th 2014
Course Start Date: May 2014
Course End Date: December 2014
ALICT is an African Union Commission initiative, supported by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and implemented by GESCI (Founded by the UN ICT Task Force). ALICT is a blended learning leadership capacity buiding course. The majority of the course is delivered online with three strategic face-to-face meetings. It is therefore a convenient way for busy mid-career professionals to receive first-rate professional leadership development customised to public sector needs.
If you meet the following criteria we would love to receive your application for a place on this course:
1. You work for a government ministry or state agency (including government training institutions).
2. You are a mid to senior level manager/professional.
3. You have a minimum of 5 years professional experience.
4. You have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
5. You are a citizen of one of the following countries and are residing there: Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
6. You can secure the permission of your immediate supervisor to participate in the ALICT course should your application be successful.
7. You can commit to 15 hours a week course participation and independent study for 8 months (excluding pre-designated course breaks).
8. You have access to a computer and the internet at home and/or at work.
9. You can provide copies/proof of your qualifications.
Part-time blended learning (majority of learning is conductd on line with three face-to-face course meetings).
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a Professional Development Certificate in African Leadership in ICT (AUC/ MFA/GESCI).
Participants may also choose to register for the concurrent award of Graduate Diploma in Leadership Development in ICT and the Knowledge Society awarded by Dublin City University (Ireland), a leading European university. Participants awarded a graduate Diploma may wish to proceed to a Masters degree.
• Strengthened career- advancement opportunities.
• 21st Century skills for the development of Knowledge Societies.
• Enhanced leadership capabilities.
• Membership to a continent-wide professional leadership network.
• Expected accumulated credits for post-graduate qualifications.
• Working knowledge of Futures Thinking and web 2.0 tools.
• Appreciation for the importance of innovation and creativity in strategy formulation.
• Improved policy planning, policy development and policy implementation skills.
• Mastery of Leadership Toolkit for Knowledge Societies.
APPLY ONLINE HERE!
Please complete the application form sequentially, starting at the beginning and completing each section in order.
If you have any problems completing your application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org