Psychology is challenging, exciting and useful, and recent years have seen a massive growth of interest in behavioural issues in everyday life. At the University of Pécs you may study BA in Psychology. This can lead to careers in, for example, clinical, counselling, educational, forensic, health or occupational psychology.
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts
- Duration of training: 6 semesters
- Language of instruction: English
- Head of the programme: Prof. Dr. Enikő Kiss
Description of the programme:
The general aim of the programme is to contribute to the intellectual and personal development of each student. Some students will choose to pursue more advanced studies in specialized areas, whereas others will choose to develop their studies within a broader educational experience before moving into a career in a wide range of employment sectors. The programme endeavours to enable students to develop their capacity to contribute both to their own development and to that of the society in their future career.
More specifically, the programme's courses deal with the following disciples:
1. General and Cognitive Psychology (perceptual basis of knowledge, emotion, motivation, attention, memory, thinking),
2. Evolutionary Psychology (ethology, sociobiology, adaptive designs in human thinking and behaviour, human sexual behaviour, parental behaviour, coevolution: the interrelation between evolution and culture),
3. Developmental Psychology (learning, communication, social development, analytical views of development, cognitive development),
4. Personality Psychology (directions of personality psychology, behavioural views of personality, psychoanalytical views, assessment of personality),
5. Social Psychology (culture and socialization, social psychology of communication, cognitive social psychology, analytical social psychology)
6. Foundations of Psychological Methodology (library informatics and basic statistics, mathematic statistics, psychometry),
7. Special Applied Fields of Psychology.
At University Pécs you may study psychology as a Single Honours degree. This can lead to careers in, for example, clinical, counselling, educational, forensic, health or occupational psychology. Many psychology graduates work in diverse occupations that do not carry the title 'psychologist' because the skills acquired while studying psychology transfer readily to various spheres in the world of work and provide an excellent general education. The skills that you will learn while studying psychology, which may be of value to you in future careers, include information finding, oral and written communication, numeracy, computer literacy, time-management, problem solving, group working and the ability to carry out independent research.
Recent years have seen a massive growth of interest in behavioural issues in everyday life, ranging from stress, health, human-machine interaction and artificial intelligence, to social dynamics, personal development, mental illness, management techniques and the environment, to name but a few. Although careers in many of these may require postgraduate training, you are presented with an enviable choice upon graduating.
- Minimum requirement: high school graduate (more information can be found at the Department)
- Deadline for application: 31 May
- Location of the education: University of Pécs, Faculty of Humanities (H- 7624 Pécs, Ifjúság u. 6., Hungary)
- Tution fee: for EU citizens: 2450 EUR/semester, from outside of the EU: 3450 EUR/semester
- Application fee: 140 Euro
- Application form
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Anita Velősy
Institution University of Pécs, Faculty of Humanities, Institute of Psychology
6, Ifjúság Street, Pécs
Web site: http://pszichologia.pte.hu/menu/39/34
Degrees, Courses, Programs | University of Pecs