We offer three different Advanced Management Programs which promise an immersive educational experience.
The General Management Seminar and Executive Transition Program are designed for experienced, functional managers who have recently moved or are about to move into positions with more general management responsibility. The programs deliver an integrative understanding of management insights, that is, the tools, skills, and attitudes participants will need to achieve greater levels of success and competence as managers. They will return to their company with the broad strategic understanding necessary to seize business opportunities for long-term success.
The seminar "Der Aufsichtsrat" targets (future) supervisory, director or advisory board member, who want to further professionalize their work. Participants will deepen their knowledge of familiar topics and learn new subjects for the challenging task ahead. At the same time, the foundation will be laid for a network of engaged, elected office holders that will extend beyond the duration of the seminar.
General managers are required to understand the workings and interrelations of a company’s functional areas and manage across these.
They need to understand the drivers affecting the business, lead effectively and responsibly, identify the needs of customers, work successfully with suppliers, and satisfy investors. In most cases they must also develop global intelligence and understand how their decisions and behavior lead to business results in different cultures.
The General Management Seminar is designed to help high-performing managers to realize their potential in the general management role, enhance their management and leadership capabilities, and give them the confidence they need for future tasks.
Succeed in the transition to general management responsibility
The Executive Transition Program (ETP) is a modular three week program designed for experienced, functional managers who have recently moved, or are about to move, into positions with more general management responsibilities.
The ETP delivers an integrative understanding of management insights, that is, the tools, skills, and attitudes participants will need to achieve greater levels of success and competence as managers. They will return to their company with the broad strategic understanding necessary to seize business opportunities for long-term success. The course’s three modules have been custom-designed to support mid- to senior-level managers in:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the core managerial competencies required to manage across functions
- Mastering the general management perspectives and capabilities necessary to lead new business development or existing business transformation, including the interaction of business and politics
- Evaluating, defining, and adopting the role of a responsible leader capable of collaborating with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
Acquire the latest management best practices – Grounded in the European humanist tradition
The program’s design and philosophy are inspired by the principles and ideals of the Enlightenment of Continental Europe. Participants will draw on this tradition to:
- Engage in candid dialog supported by rational and critical thinking
- Embrace an open attitude toward people from diverse cultural, educational, professional, religious, and functional backgrounds
- Adopt technological and scientific discoveries and innovations