Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Accounting are to provide students with skills and solid knowledge in financial and managerial accounting within a business management context.
The program is carefully designed to equip students with outstanding analytical, technical, and critical thinking skills that grounds students in the decision making process through innovative effective learning methodologies and exposure to real-life situations. It also prepares them for graduate studies, for example, Master of Business Administration “MBA” Degree, or careers in entry-level position in Accounting.
Student Learning Goals
- Achieve understanding and application of essential content in accounting
- To attain a level of understanding and application related to financial accounting, cost accounting and auditing
- Develop competency to develop, measure, analyze, validate and communicate financial and other information
- Develop an awareness and knowledge of the role of ethics in the accounting profession and in accounting business practices
- Familiarize with local and global business methods and accounting standards
- Ability to use analytical and quantitative skills to analyze and formulate business decisions
- Understand current business technologies and software in essential tasks
- To acquire professional experience working in an accounting role
- Develop effective written and oral communication skills
- Develop the leadership and teamwork skills to function effectively in a diverse cross-functional environment
- Develop awareness of global issues relating to business decisions
A Graduate may pursue a career in areas such as Accounting, Auditing, Financial Control, Accounting Management, Financial Analysis, Payroll Management, and Budget Analysis. He/She will be qualified to work in all industries, not-for-profit and government entities.
Degrees, Courses, Programs | American University Of the Middle East