Bachelor of Business and Human Resource Management
We live in a knowledge-driven society where the main asset of organizations is its human capital. In today’s competitive business environment, the skills and competencies of employees play a central role in the success of an organization. The Bachelor of Business and Human Resource Management program prepares graduates for a career in the specialized area of human resource management. The program aims to develop learners’ knowledge and skills on how to recruit right people for an organization, and how to motivate and retain staff in order to achieve organizational objectives.
What is Unique about this Program?
Use of most advanced teaching and learning methods to develop quality management expertise and competencies;
Taught by world-class experts based in different countries;
Flexible delivery model using e-learning medium in Year 2of the program to suit the schedule of busy professionals in full-time employment; and to remove travel requirements;
Contextualization of Human resource management practices in relation to the cultural and economic situations of Middle East and North Africa region;
This program graduates also qualify for Internationally-recognized Professional Certification from Australian Human Resource Institute (AHRI).
This program also fully aligns with the Society for Human Resource (SHRM) USA curriculum guidelines for HR education
This program is addressed to all those who want to become future leaders and professional human resource managers in private, government and social/community sector organizations. The program is designed for both in-career personnel as well as fresh high school graduates who are keen to acquire knowledge, skill and training in areas related to human resource management for enhancing their career prospects.
A graduate with this degree can take many paths in any medium to large organization such as banking and financial services, retail, utilities, education, health care, government agencies, service industries, not-for-profit organizations and social and community ventures. In specialist field of human resource management, they can hired as Human Resource Manager, Personnel Manager, Human Resources Consultant, Learning & Development Manager, Employee Relations Specialist, Training Manager, Recruitment Consultant, Career & Succession Planning Specialist. Also in the field of business management they can progress as administrator, manager, supervisor, leader, facilitator and consultant.
- To prepare human resource managers who have a firm understanding of the legal issues involved in the administration of the human resource function.
- To develop human resource professionals who are capable of effectively designing and implementing a compensation system in a business organization.
- To develop human resource professionals who are capable of dealing effectively with all aspects of employee management relations.
- To develop human resource professionals who are capable of effectively designing and implementing both the staffing function and the development function in a business organization
- To develop human resource professionals that can deal effectively with a variety of different people in a variety of different situations
- To develop human resource managers who have a firm understanding in the traditional business functions and the processes that link them.
- Evaluate the contribution of human resources management to organizational effectiveness and to other key functions within the organization.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate HR strategies and policies related to staffing, compensation and benefits, employee performance management, training and development, employment equity and health and safety that are integrated with organizational goals.
- Develop and implement labour relations policies and procedures
- Develop human resource plans that are aligned with organizational goals and that respond to both current and future labour market conditions and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Establish and manage systems to collect and safeguard HR information.
- Demonstrate effective Communication skills, Critical Thinking skills, and build the professional and personal development skills that equip them for a smooth progress on the program.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to the traditional business functions and the processes that link them.