Home Faculty: Faculty of Sciences.
- Degree: PhD
- Duration of training: 3 years
- Language of instruction: Hungarian and English
- Program Director: Professor Róbert Gábriel
Description of the programme:
The Doctoral School of Biology was accredited in 2001. There are two alternatives to get involved in the activities: participating in regular courses as full-time student or participating in part-time training.
Admission: The applicant must hold a Master's degree (MSc) in a relevant field and has to take an oral interview.
Applicants are required to fill in the application form that can be obtained from the Secretary of the Doctoral School and also from our website. Students need to attach the following documents as well:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Preliminary research proposal (2-3 pages long)
- Official copies of (Degree) Certificate plus certified translation in English
- Transcript of records in English
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of Publications (if any)
At the regular course about six Hungarian and a limited number of foreign citizens can be admitted. Since the accreditation of the Doctoral School 60 students have received PhD degrees.
Program structure: There are several research topics from the fields of genetics, microbiology, plant biology, ecology and regulatory biology.
Graduation Requirements: Students must achieve 180 credits from different modules, have two publications (at least one with first authorship) in international journals that cover the area of dissertation, pass the Doctoral Examination, prepare the PhD Dissertation and defend it.
- Tuition fee: EUR 3,000 per semester
- Deadline for application: end of May
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Ildikó Kerepesi
Institute of Biology
Tel./Fax: +36 72/ 503-600/ 24519
Faculty of Sciences
University of Pécs
Ifjúság útja 6.
Website of the Institute of Biology »
Degrees, Courses, Programs | University of Pecs