Name of the Faculty: Faculty of Sciences / Institute of Geography.
- Degree: BSc (Bachelor of Science)
- Duration of training: Six (6) semesters
- Language of instruction: English
- Head of the programme: Dr. Antal Aubert
Description of the programme:
The Geography BSc line offers full 3-year-education in Geography. The study program offers complete education in geography, with special directions in Landscape and environmental studies, Regional and settlement development and also in Tourism. All three directions are supported by a strong GIS basis.
The program provides a general bachelor level education in geography. It includes introductory modules to Nature and social sciences, to Geology and to Geography. The core of the program is based on the fundamental issues of including topics in Physical, Human and Regional geography. Advanced courses can be chosen from the topics offered for the special directions. Beside the compulsory courses students have to choose optional courses to help them in their specialization. The courses usually constitute of two parts: a lecture and a problem solving seminar, each worth 1 to 4 credits, depending on the nature of the topic.
The bachelor course in geography is the basis for the Master (MSc) line of applied geography (with a special focus on the BSc specializations plus Geomorphology and GIS available at our university.
- Application procedure: The students should pass an oral entrance exam in English. The teaching period starts in September.
- Deadline for application: According to the University schedule - End of August
- Location of the education: Faculty of Sciences, University of Pécs
- Tuition fee: 2,500 EUR/semester
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Antal Aubert
Institute of Geography
University of Pécs, Faculty of Sciences
Degrees, Courses, Programs | University of Pecs