Senckenberg BiK-F invites applications for a
PostDoc Researcher (m/f/d)
in Evolutionary Genomics of Mammals (100 %)
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated applicant to join the workinggroup of Prof. Dr. Axel Janke. The applicant will be closely involved in gene flow,evolutionary-population or phylo-genetics to study speciation in mammals (bears, giraffe,kangaroos or allies) at the genomic level.
- PhD in Biology, Genetics, Bioinformatics or a related field
- strong interest and proven skills in evolutionary, population or phylo-genetics, preferentially in gene-flow analyses
- experience in genome assembly, annotation and programing of scripts, R
- very good written and oral communication skills in English
- interest to be involved in an international and interdisciplinary group to expand the work to species distribution modeling and conservation genetics
Salary and benefits are according to a full time public service position in Germany (TV-HE 13, 100%). The contract should start as soon as possible and will initially be limited for twoyears.
The Senckenberg Research Institutes support equal opportunity of men and women andtherefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will begiven preference. The place of employment is in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The employeris the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung.
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref. #11-19012)before July 31st,2019 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) and including a coverletter describing your motivation to apply, a detailed CV, relevant credentials and certificates,two relevant publications and contact details of two potential references to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für NaturforschungSenckenberganlage 25
60325 Frankfurt am Main
For scientific enquiries please get in contact with Prof. Dr. Axel Janke,