Student Internship for Informatics, Chemistry or Engenieering Students in Biotech - Production Enabling (12 month) Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
The Production Enabling group is apart of the Basel Biotech organization and is responsible for supporting technology transfers, process optimizations, and identifying and leading implementation of new technlogies and/or methods to drive manufacturing efficiencies. Our tasks include the preparation of process description documents to translate process requirements from development to commercial scale manufacturing, ensuring compliance with new global policies with regards to process monitoring. Our group also engages in investigations to ensure uninterrupted manufacturing and subsequently product supply to patients.
In this internship you will have two project options and general tasks:
- (1) Create mathematical model for prediction of failure modes within commercial manufacturing
- (2) Application of Near Infrared-Spectrosopy to measure protein concentration throughout the commercial process
- Work with manufacturing associates to clearly define project user requirements
- Collaborate within the Roche network in order to gain knowledge on best practices
- Organize and analyze large amounts of data in order to identify patterns or trends
Wer Sie sind
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are an enrolled student in a Master program or in a PhD with a focus on organic chemistry, engineering, informatics or similar fields in the penultimate or last year of studies and you are interested in expanding your experience and in being exposed to drug substance manufacturing in a world leading pharmaceutical company. You are able to work in a reliable and accurate operation in a GMP-compliant workspace and your are interested in using and sharing your knowledge as part of a 12-month internship in an open working environment.
- A pro-active knowledge sharer with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Background or exposure to Information Technology
- Experience with a statistical software program is desired
- Demonstrated self-initiative, assertiveness and persuasiveness
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and excellent German and good English skills
The starting date of this internship is upon availability. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and duration of internship (preferrably 12 months) in your cover letter.